We are releasing Glowstone 2018.5.0 today,
which is the monthly release for May 2018.
Since the previous release, we have received contributions from 9 contributors,
including 3 first-time contributors: Mystiflow, Jacob (jhg023), and aki-ks.
This brings the total of GitHub contributors to a whopping 100! We'd like to thank every person who has taken time to
help this project throughout the years, and we're looking forward to a hundred more!
Additions and Changes
- Implemented mining speed depending on tools, based on work by satoshinm (#506)
- Implemented a few API events (#922)
- ItemMergeEvent (VaiTon)
- ExpBottleEvent (VaiTon)
- CreeperPowerEvent (VaiTon)
- PlayerToggleFlightEvent (Jacob)
- PlayerEggThrowEvent (Mystiflow)
- ProjectileLaunchEvent (Mystiflow)
- BlockExplodeEvent (Mystiflow)
- PlayerSwapHandItemsEvent (Jacob)
- InventoryOpenEvent (Jacob)
- VehicleEnterEvent (Jacob)
- More internationalization
- Added utility to clean up game tick conversion (#917)
- Refactored NBT deserializaton using a functional syntax (#905)
- Updated lombok to support Java 10
- Updated Glowkit
- Fixed shooting bow with off-hand damaging the player's main hand (fionera)
- Fixed breaking blocks instantly not registering (#852)
- Fixed a client-side desync when canceling SheepDyeWoolEvent (Mystiflow)
- Fixed the inlining of certain constants when compiling (aki-ks)
- Fixed some issues with unit tests
mastercoms has been working on updating JLine to version 3, revamping our console system, and bringing new exciting features such as interactive tab-completion, customization, and Java source code evaluation. The JLine3 PR is currently in review/bug fix state and should be ready for the next release.
creatorfromhell has also been working on an A* pathfinding implementation, and we are looking forward to merging it for the next release as well.
That's all for now, you can download this release on GitHub. Thanks!