Hello everyone, we've released a new monthly update for Glowstone. We are a few days late, but technically if February was just a normal month instead of having 28 days, we wouldn't be that late.
For this release, we had mostly bug fixes with some fine tuning here and there, including some by a few new contributors: Kiulras, jtomlin12 and smcconke!
You can see all the commits and changes on GitHub, but here's a summary:
Additions and changes
- Attributes now support a minimum value (needed for luck)
- GlowSession is now thread safe
- Updated to Netty 4.1.21.Final
- KQueue support added for macOS and BSD native transport
- Improved network buffer management
- Fine tuned ender pearl behavior
- Migrated most unit tests to JUnit Jupiter
- Started fishing implementation
- Improved egg and snowball behavior
- Client is now properly updated when an InventoryClickEvent is cancelled
- Fixed a case of jline disabling not working
- Fixed entities being able to pass through blocks that did not fully block light (by first time contributor Kuilras!)
- Fixed a memory leak with the chunk deflater stream
- Fixed some issues with CircleCI builds
- Fixed snow stacking placement (by first time contributor jtomlin!)
- Fire ticks are now reset after death (by first time contributor smcconke!)
- Fixed Glowstone crashing on startup for ARM devices
A download for this release can be found on our website. For those of you interested, the LTS release will be coming soon.
Thanks and we hope you enjoy all the changes that went into this release!