Hi everyone. We are a few days behind schedule, but today we are releasing Glowstone 2018.1 and the complementary LTS update, 2018.0.1.
This month, we worked on a few major features and fixed a lot of bugs.
As explained in the Year in Review news post, we will release two updates every month: an official monthly release containing all of the bleeding-edge features from the last month, and a complementary LTS (long-term-support) release which backports bugfixes to the stable branch.
We also want to thank new contributors XuZhen86, Minecrell and HugoDaBoss for their valuable contributions this month!
This is the list of changes for both the release and LTS (2018.0.1 and 2018.1.0):
- UUID lookups in commands are now asynchronous (#111) (#814)
advanced.suggest-player-name-when-null-tab-completions configuration option
- The server icon file will now be imported automatically from a Vanilla server
- Implemented correct conditions for mob experience drops (#823) (XuZhen86)
- Implemented grass path block (#841)
- Implemented Zombie Villager NBT storage
- Cleaned-up the
- Fixed an error when loading Vanilla worlds containg Minecart-with-Chests
- Fixed an error when using command selectors with entities
- Fixed a concurrency error in chunk streaming
- Fixed incorrect fall damage when switching gamemodes (#820) (XuZhen86)
- Properly implemented
Player#getProtocolVersion() APIs (#824) (Minecrell)
- Fixed SLF4J logging for plugins (#825) (Minecrell)
- Fixed item drops for cactus and dead bush (#832) (#833) (XuZhen86)
- Fixed an error when spawning wolves from spawn eggs
- Fixed NBT storage for Strays, Wither Skeletons and Husks not being bound
- Fixed incorrect anvil sounds when landing on several blocks (#827) (HugoDaBosss)
- Code style cleanup and lombokification
This is the list of changes for the monthly release only (2018.1.0):
- Implemented projectiles (#614)
- Thanks to Pr0methean for his continuous work on this PR for over a month
- Added checksum validation for library manager (#802)
- Revamped library manager to allow for customization by server owners (#808)
- Added configuration file validation (#809)
- Updated API to
- Implemented Paper's Profile API
- Implemented droppers (previously behaved like regular dispensers)
- Initial implementation for villager trading UI
- Implemented starvation damage modifier for different difficulties (#835) (XuZhen86)
--generate-config command-line option to generate config files without starting the server
- Fixed incorrect ender pearl behaviour (#822) (XuZhen86)
- Moved building scripts to a separate directory
- Updated lombok and kotlin dependencies
Download links for both the release and the LTS update can be found on our website.